Li-Ning Break-Free N90 III Review

Hello readers, sorry for long absence. I recently bought a new recket that is Li-Ning Break Free N90 III that is used by the great Lin Dan in recent tournaments. I was at first disappointed but later got used to it and now after using it for 3 months i am writing this review for you guys. so lets get on with it


This here's probably the most goodlooking of the new N-III series. Red and white and shiny. Apart from the looks, the racket boosts a pretty good feel, with attacks coming through sharp and true a large portion of the time.

It's also not as stiff as the N90, or as head heavy as the N90-II, which put it pretty sweetly for those who are trying to find a good balance between defense and attack.


Note. This review carries my own opinion of the racket from my experience. Comments welcome!

With that said, let's go.

Li-Ning Break-Free N90-III
Est. Dry Weight: 96g (3U)
Grip Size: G5
Balance: Slightly head heavy
Stiffness: Slightly stiff
Strings: Toalson BL-6500 @ 25lbs

I recommend this racket for singles play.

Defense
In my review for the N90-II I said that how easy it was to hit a shuttle to the back of the court with something that stiff and head heavy. Well, with the N90-III, I struggled to find myself punching the shuttle as far, and as a result turned to the much preferred drives in defense that I am good at.

And the Li-Ning N90-III does this with comfort. Whether it's a soft block across the net or a quick flick to the other side, I was able to play without considerable difficulty.

The decreased weight probably made it happen, aided by the popular Break-Free (or Sword, if anyone's a Victor fan) head frame design that's a sensation to swing around.

Speed and reflexes were up with this recket in my hand, and my singles game with this were pretty much easy, knowing that I could take most attacks and persist.

There's also the element of control, that makes me almost attracts my opponents to go for the tight net shot.

Attack
Being lighter and less stiff and less head heavy than its ancestors, does not sits well for the N90-III when it comes down to offense, but the racket performs splendidly by having a quick, sharp swing that allows you to take the shuttle down at amazing angles.

Once again I'll have to mention the sword frame. The Break-Free design practically cuts down on drag and puts the head down at a quicker pace, allowing for a really comfortable contact point. This gives me a lot more area for imagination in my shots - (slightly lesser) power smash, the wrist snap, fast drops, name any shot and you can play it (if you know the technique).

Drives with this are pretty much small though. Unlike the heavyweights, the 96g (approximately) Li-Ning N90-III doesn't carry much weight transfer to give you that satisfying smash sound when you throw your arm out for a drive shot.

Control
Here's where it gets interesting. I give a good control rating to any racket that makes me feel happy and allows me to make any shot that comes to my mind. From trick shots to acute changes in direction, the N90-III is one comfortable racket.

It gives me the feeling that I can place the shuttle into any box you place in the court (and I don't even have to try that many times either). The accuracy that the racket gives is super-natural. When you get a good hit, you really get that WOW feel.

Backhands were well-executed, forehands were close to perfect. The net shots that I could perform were so close to the net it was cunning to opponents.

One of my worst shots is the cross-court tight net shot. Really horrible. Like shooting flies with a bazooka.

That didn't seem to be much of a problem with the N90-III though. Awesome control.

Looks
For those who have seen Alucard, the Li-Ning N90-III comes in the exact color tone. Freaking awesome, impossibly cool, indescribably desirably. One look is all you need to part ways with your money.



Overall:
"Faultlessly perfect control"
Defense: 9
Attack: 8
Control: 10
Looks: 10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yonex Armortec 700 Review

Victor Auraspeed 70K Review

Li-Ning Woods 90