Yonex Voltric 80 Review

To start of today I would like to admit that my favorite player is and always will be “Lin Dan” due to his attacking game but some days before I came across a racket in market(when I was just wondering around) that was Yonex Voltric 80 red limited edition (used by Lee chong Wei).
I just was lost in its amazing colour and paint job. I decided to buy that..

So now, playing for 4 hours with my racket, I've decided  to write a review about this ridiculously overpowered masterpiece.

Let me tell you that I'm not a professional badminton and this review is bass ed on my estimation of the racket to my playing style and experience with it.
 If anything, I'm an intermediate level player looking to improve myself by playing often and taking the lessons that I learn from the court away with me as pointers, also consulting online coaches for my techniques.

With that said, lets start with the review.

Yonex Voltric 80 red limited edition Specifications 
Dry weight: 89g (3UG4)
Balance: Head-Heavy
Max String Tension: 27lbs
Flex: Stiff
Strings: Ashaway Zymax65 @ 24lbs

Technology used in racket
- Nanopreme
- Tri-Voltage System
- Ultra Slim Shaft


Defense

This thing is a bit heavy and I was like using a little more effort when it had to defend against quick shots. But that doesn't mean I gave away points at the end. The Voltric 80's high level of control manage to pay for its user, an increased accuracy when it comes to both offense and defense.
The weight of the head-heavy giant also lends that little power sound when you want to return a lift your opponent's smashes.


Attack
Straight drives wow…Smashes, outrageously fast. With this racket, be ready to break the sound limit, you previously experienced. With every attack you can really feel the strings wrapping around the shuttle head and throwing it out with a fantastic force that the racket can gather.


Control
Pinpoint accuracy to every corner of the court, with ease too. Clears and drops come easy.  Actually my observation was that the brute strength granted by the racket, left me hungry for smashes, bypassing the softer approach in my mind even.
That aside, despite being power-hungry I was still able to get my hits right where I want them (newbie miscalculations not-withstanding).


Looks
Too familial and wild for my liking, but the white shaft and gold streaks down the side does help a little. Had an idea to wrap around with a purple grip but stuck to the safer black and gold combination.


Comparison
This racket is used by the World-Class players e.g. Lee Chong wei and Peter Gade, there's the reason, this Legendary Racket is without doubt one of the best rackets that I've ever used. It's going to be tough for Yonex to top this, but I sure hope as hell hope they'd try.


Ratings
Defense: 8
Attack: 10
Control: 10

Looks: 8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yonex Armortec 700 Review

Victor Auraspeed 70K Review

Li-Ning Woods 90